*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Bolivia - Southern Altiplano (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Altiplano chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
Stretching southwards from La Paz, this bleak high-plains wilderness is framed by majestic volcanic peaks, endless kilometers of treeless stubble and the white emptiness of the eerie salares (salt deserts), which are almost devoid of life. Expect spectacular stargazing!
- drown your senses in the alien landscapes of the Los Lípez region in the country’s far southwest
- explore Parque Nacional Sajama with its towering snow-topped volcano, Bolivia’s loftiest peak
- slide on some sunglasses ready for the salty expanse of the Salar de Uyuni
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Oruro & around, Curahuara de Carangas, Parque Nacional Sajama, Salar de Coipasa, Uyuni & the Southwest Circuit, Uyuni, Salar de Uyuni, Los Lípez, and Tupiza & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.