Bolivia - South Central Bolivia & the Chaco (PDF Chapter)
This is the South Central Bolivia & the Chaco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
Famed for its dances, wines and Mediterranean feel, Tarija especially is worth a visit in its own right. Only a short distance from its charming, tightly packed, colonial center are vineyards, waterfalls and hiking trails in high alpine country.
- sleep under the stars and wake to condors soaring overhead in the Valle de los Con-dores
- sample some of the world’s highest-grown wines in El Valle de la Concepción
- stroll Tarija’s tranquil colonial streets and people-watch at a plaza cafe
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South Central Bolivia, Tarija, El Valle de la Concep-ción, Reserva Biológica Cordillera de Sama, Padcaya & Chaguaya, The Chaco, Villamontes.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.