Bolivia - Santa Cruz & Gran Chiquitania (PDF Chapter)
This is the Santa Cruz & Gran Chiquitania chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
The Bolivian Oriente is not what you generally see in Bolivian tourist brochures. This tropical region, the country’s most prosperous, has a palpable desire to differentiate itself from Bolivia’s traditional highland image.
- traverse dusty roads and explore beautifully restored churches on the Jesuit Mission Cir-cuit
- follow in the footsteps of a legendary revolutionary on the Che Trail around Valle-grande
- savor the international cuisine in Santa Cruz, a modern city with a small-town feel
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santa Cruz & Around, Buena Vista, Parque Nacional & Área de Uso Múltiple Amboró, Samaipata, Vallegrande, La Higuera, Gran Chiquitania, Jesuit Mission Circuit.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.