*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Bolivia - Lake Titicaca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Titicaca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
Everything that sits beside the 8400-sq-km Lake Titicaca, from the traditional Aymará villages to the glacier-capped peaks of the Cordillera Real, seems almost humdrum in contrast with the shimmering opal jewel set into the spare altiplano earth. This lake is literally the stuff of legend.
- visit tiny Isla Pariti, with its lovely museum featuring exquisite Tiwanaku finds from a recent excavation
- discover vestiges of the Inca culture in and around Copacabana and watch the sunset from the top of Cerro Calvario
- travel through lakeside villages between Copacabana and Yampupata, and take a spin in a reed boat to eat fresh grilled trout on a floating island
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Copacabana & around, Yampupata, Isla del Sol, Isla de la Luna (Koati), Huatajata, Islas de Wiñaymarka, Isla Kalahuta, Isla Pariti and Huarina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.