Bolivia - Lake Titicaca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Titicaca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
Everything that sits beside the 8400-sq-km Lake Titicaca, from the traditional Aymará villages to the glacier-capped peaks of the Cordillera Real, seems almost humdrum in contrast with the shimmering opal jewel set into the spare altiplano earth. This lake is literally the stuff of legend.
- visit tiny Isla Pariti, with its lovely museum featuring exquisite Tiwanaku finds from a recent excavation
- discover vestiges of the Inca culture in and around Copacabana and watch the sunset from the top of Cerro Calvario
- travel through lakeside villages between Copacabana and Yampupata, and take a spin in a reed boat to eat fresh grilled trout on a floating island
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Copacabana & around, Yampupata, Isla del Sol, Isla de la Luna (Koati), Huatajata, Islas de Wiñaymarka, Isla Kalahuta, Isla Pariti and Huarina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.