Bolivia - Lake Titicaca (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Titicaca chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
Everything – and everyone – that sits beside this impressive body of water, from the traditional Aymará villages to the glacier-capped peaks of the Cordillera Real, seems to fall into the back-ground in contrast with the shimmering opal jewel set into the spare altiplano earth.
- explore the Isla del Sol on foot, hiking from shore to hilltop for stunning vistas of distant mountains
- discover vestiges of the Inca culture in Copacabana, check out a baptism (or even a vehi-cle blessing!) at the cathedral and watch the sunset from the top of Cerro Calvario
- travel between Copacabana and Yampupata, taking a spin in a reed boat and eating fresh grilled trout on a (faux) floating island
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Copacabana & Around, Yampupata, Isla del Sol, Isla de la Luna, Huatajata, Islas de Wiñaymarka, Isla Kalahuta, Isla Pariti, Isla Suriqui.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation