*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Bolivia - La Paz & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the La Paz & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
A maze of lung-busting inclines and constant contradictions, a mad carnival of jostling pedestrians, honking minivans, strident street marches and raucous street vendors, La Paz surrounds you: you’ll love it, you’ll hate it, but you can’t ignore it.
- wander up from El Prado through tight alleyways to the top of the valley
- buy aphrodisiacs as you have your fortune told in the Mercado de Hechicería
- get cultured at the Calle Jaén Museums
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around La Paz, Valle de la Luna, Mallasa, Valencia & Mecapaca, Muela del Diablo, Valle de las Ánimas, Cañón de Palca, Chacaltaya and Tiwanaku.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.