Bolivia - La Paz & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the La Paz & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
A maze of lung-busting inclines and constant contradictions, a mad carnival of jostling pedestrians, honking minivans, strident street marches and raucous street vendors, La Paz surrounds you: you’ll love it, you’ll hate it, but you can’t ignore it.
- wander up from El Prado through tight alleyways to the top of the valley
- buy aphrodisiacs as you have your fortune told in the Mercado de Hechicería
- get cultured at the Calle Jaén Museums
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around La Paz, Valle de la Luna, Mallasa, Valencia & Mecapaca, Muela del Diablo, Valle de las Ánimas, Cañón de Palca, Chacaltaya and Tiwanaku.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.