Bolivia - La Paz & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the La Paz & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
A mad carnival of jostling pedestrians, honking, diesel-spewing minivans, street marches and cavalcades of vendors, La Paz surrounds you: you’ll love it, you’ll hate it, but you can’t ignore it.
- glide above the city on the world’s longest cable-car system, Mi Teleférico
- buy aphrodisiacs as you have your fortune told at Mercado de las Brujas
- get cultured while strolling down the city’s most atmospheric street, Calle Jaén Muse-ums
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: La Paz, History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around La Paz.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.