*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Bolivia - Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
Geographically – and some would say metaphorically – the heart and soul of the country, the Central Highlands are a mix of lively urban centers (including Sucre, Potosí and Cochabamba) and vast pastoral and mountainous regions dotted with remote villages.
- goggle at the colonial beauty of Sucre, Bolivia’s most attractive city
- home in on remote and wild Parque Nacional Torotoro, stomping ground of dinosaurs
- roam the Cordillera de los Frailes, with its intriguing Jal’qa weaving culture
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Cochabamba & around, Parque Nacional Tunari, Quillacollo, Tiquipaya, Inca-Rakay, Cochabamba Valley, Laguna Angostura, Tarata & Huayculli, Incallajta, Totora, Mizque, Parque Nacional Torotoro, Sucre & around, Tarabuco, Cordillera de los Frailes, and Potosí & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.