Bolivia - Central Highlands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Highlands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guide-book.
Geographically – and some would say metaphorically – the heart and soul of the country, the Central Highlands are a mix of lively urban centers and vast pastoral and mountainous regions dotted with remote villages.
- view the whitewashed, red-roofed colonial panorama of Sucre from high above in La Recoleta
- spelunk and climb where the dinosaurs once were in the Parque Nacional Torotoro
- trek the mountainous Cordillera de los Frailes, with its one-of-a-kind geology and intriguing Jal’qa communities
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cochabamba & Around, Parque Nacional Tunari, Eastern Cochabamba Valley, Tarata & Huayculli, Incallajta, Totora, Mizque, Parque Nacional To-rotoro, Sucre & Around, Tarabuco, Cordillera de los Frailes, Potosí.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation