Bolivia - Amazon Basin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amazon Basin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
The Amazon Basin is one of Bolivia’s largest and most mesmerizing regions. From the rainforest, raucous with wildlife, to the richness of the indigenous cultures, traditions and languages that exist throughout the area, this is an unforgettable destination.
- glide down the long Río Mamoré on a boat trip between Trinidad and Guayaramerín
- probe the pampas on a tour from Rurrenabaque
- party with the locals at the Amazon’s best village fiesta in San Ignacio de Moxos
- restaurants & accommodations
Coverage includes: Chapare Region, Villa Tunari, Parque Nacional Carrasco, Puerto Villarroel, Western Bolivian Amazon, Rurrenabaque, Parque Nacional Madidi, San Borja, Reserva Biosférica del Beni, San Ignacio de Moxos, Eastern Bolivian Amazon, Trinidad, Santuario Chuchini, Northern Bolivian Amazon, Santa Ana de Yacuma, Barba Azul Reserve, Los Lagos, Guayaramerín, Riberalta & around, and Cobija.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.