Bolivia - Amazon Basin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amazon Basin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bolivia guidebook.
The Amazon Basin is one of Bolivia’s largest and most mesmerizing regions. The rainforest is raucous with wildlife and spending a few days roaming the sweaty jungle is an experience you’re unlikely to forget.
- boat into the world’s most biodiverse park, Parque Nacional Madidi
- probe the nearby pampas for caiman, capybara and frighteningly large anaconda in Rurrenabaque
- party with locals at the Amazon’s best village fiesta, San Ignacio de Moxos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chapare Region, Villa Tunari, Parque Nacional Car-rasco, Puerto Villarroel, Western Bolivian Amazon, Rurrenabaque, Parque Nacional Madidi, San Borja, Reserva de la Biosfera y Estación Biológica del Beni, San Ignacio de Moxos, Eastern Bo-livian Amazon, Trinidad, Northern Bolivian Amazon, Santa Ana de Yacuma, Barba Azul Reserve, Guayaramerín, Riberalta & Around, Cobija & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.