Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trips - Skyline Drive Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Skyline Drive chapter from Lonely Planet’s Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trips guidebook.
Skyline Drive is one of America’s classic road trips. Befittingly, it comes studded like a leather belt with natural wonders and stunning scenery.
- hike to tall waterfalls and peaceful picnic spots at Mathews Arm & Elkwallow
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- delve into the deep canyons cut into the Earth in Luray
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- strain your neck staring up at the tallest Shenandoah peak in the Hawksbill Area
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Front Royal, Dinosaur Land, Huntly, Skyline Drive, Mathews Arm & Elkwallow, Lurah, Skyland, Whiteoak Canyon Area, Hawksbill Area, Byrd Visitors Center, Lewis Mountain.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.