Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trips - Crooked Road Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Alps Circuit chapter from Lonely Planet’s Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trips guidebook.
On this trip, amateur anthropologists can discover the music and folkways of the forested upcountry between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountain ranges.
- get to the heart of southwest Virginia’s bluegrass culture in Galax
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- stop for the preserved historic buildings and quirky bohemian population in Abingdon
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- dance to banjos and fiddles or top up on espresso in Floyd
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Roanoke, Smart View Recreational Area, Floyd, Rocky Knob, Mabry Mill, Groundhog Mountain, Blue Ridge Music Center, Galax.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.