Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trips - Blue Ridge Parkway Virginia Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Blue Ridge Parkway: Virginia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trips guidebook.
Dark laurel, fragrant galax, white waterfalls and blooms of dogwood, mayapple, foamflower and redbud line this road that runs through the heart of the Appalachians.
- discover the historic mountain town and centre of the arts of Staunton
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- find café culture, great eats, and trekking adventures in Lexington
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enjoy panoramic views from the dramatic Peaks of Otter, high above wooded valleys
- discover even more with detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Staunton, Humpback Rocks, Lexington, Natural Bridge, James River & Otter Creek, Peaks of Otter, Bedford, Roanoke, Smith Mountain Lake
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map