Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trips - Blue Ridge Parkway: North Carolina Trip (PDF Chapter)
This is the Milford Sound Majesty chapter from Lonely Planet’s Blue Ridge Parkways Road Trips guidebook.
This drive through the Tar Heel State on America’s favorite byway curves through the High Country, climbs the East Coast’s highest peak, then ends at the Smokies’ doorstep.
- cross a mile-high suspension bridge for a parkway panorama at Grandfather Mountain
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- take a family-friendly hike to views of a 90ft waterfall at Linville Falls
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- enjoy indie shops and microbreweries in Downtown Asheville
- discover even more with detours, and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Valle Crucis, Boone, Blowing Rock, Moses H Cone Memorial Park, Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Mt Mitchell State Park, Folk Art Center, Blue Ridge Parkway Visitor Center, Biltmore Estate, Downtown Asheville, Mt Pisgah Trail, Waterrock Knob Visitor Center, Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.