Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Bhutan - Western Bhutan (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Prayer flags flutter from nearly every rooftop, men and women dress in traditional garb, chortens and stupas decorate river and road junctions, and fortress-like monasteries command mountain tops.
- explore Punakha Dzong, Bhutan’s most picturesque fortress, the capital of Bhutan from the 17th to the 19th centuries
- hike to Bhutan’s most famous sight, Taktshang Goemba, also called the Tiger’s Nest Monastery, hanging miraculously from the cliff face
- visit the courtyards of the hulking Paro Dzong, home to the valley’s tsechu festival
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Paro Dzongkhag, Paro, Upper Paro Valley, Haa Dzongkhag, Haa & Around, Punakha Dzongkhag, Punakha & Khuruthang, The Upper Punakha Valley, Wangdue Phodrang Dzongkhag, Wangdue Phodrang, Phobjikha Valley, Chhukha Dzongkhag and Phuentsholing.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.