Bhutan - Treks (PDF Chapter)
This is the Treks chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bhutan guidebook.
Bhutan offers a wide range of treks, from tough highaltitude expeditions to the base camps of snowcapped Himalayan giants to relaxing community-based village trails linked by subtropical forest. With walks ranging from two days to one month, there’s a trek for everyone.
- climb past remote lakes and mountain monasteries on the Druk Path trek
- take a peaceful five-day walk near Thimphu on the Dagala Thousand Lakes trek
- see monasteries, villages and superb views of Jhomolhari on the easy Saga La trek
Coverage includes: Trek Routes, Route Descriptions, Directions & Place Names, Health & Safety, Rescue, Druk Path Trek, Dagala Thousand Lakes Trek, Bumdrak Trek, Saga La Trek, Jhomolhari Trek, Jhomolhari Loop (Soi Yaksa) Trek, Laya Trek, Snowman Trek, Owl Trek, Nabji Trek, Merak–Sakteng Trek.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.