No code necessary. See terms.
Bhutan - Thimphu (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
The capital of one of the world’s most intriguing destinations, Thimphu combines a natural small-town feel with a new commercial exuberance that constantly challenges the country’s natural conservatism and Shangri La image.
- roam the peaceful courtyard of the grand and serene Trashi Chhoe Dzong fortress
- plunge into Thimphu’s pungent and bustling ‘weekend market’ for incense and artefacts
- hike through whispering pines to the serene solitude of Tango Goemba Buddhist college, or combine a visit with a hike to nearby Drolay Goemba or Cheri Goemba
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.