*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Bhutan - Thimphu (PDF Chapter)
The capital of one of the world’s most intriguing destinations, Thimphu combines a natural small-town feel with a new commercial exuberance that constantly challenges the country’s natural conservatism and Shangri La image.
- roam the peaceful courtyard of the grand and serene Trashi Chhoe Dzong fortress
- plunge into Thimphu’s pungent and bustling ‘weekend market’ for incense and artefacts
- hike through whispering pines to the serene solitude of Tango Goemba Buddhist college, or combine a visit with a hike to nearby Drolay Goemba or Cheri Goemba
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.