Bhutan - Eastern Bhutan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Bhutan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bhutan guidebook.
Intrepid travellers venturing to the rugged east of Bhutan are rewarded with fascinating vil-lages and towns little influenced by tourism, group-free dzongs and temples, beautiful silks and amazing embroidery. Many are lured by the magnificent bird-filled forests – wilderness havens for unique wildlife.
- wander the narrow streets of Trashigang, one of Bhutan’s most attractive and lively towns
- watch and listen for the rare and colourful birdlife for which Bhutan is famous around Yong Khola
- detour to the 45m-high statue of Guru Rinpoche at Taki La, on the way to Lhuentse
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mongar Dzongkhag, Mongar & Around, Lhuentse Dzongkhag, Lhuentse & Around, Trashigang Dzongkhag, Trashigang & Around, Merak & Around, Trashi Yangtse Dzongkhag, Trashi Yangtse & Around, Samdrup Jongkhar Dzongkhag, Samdrup Jongkhar & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.