Bhutan - Central Bhutan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Bhutan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Bhutan guidebook.
Central Bhutan’s fertile and neatly cultivated valleys fringed by evergreen mountains paint a picture of rural near-perfection. This postcard landscape is also Bhutan’s cultural heartland, ac-cented by several of the country’s oldest and most significant temples and monasteries.
- explorw the dramatic dzong and Royal Heritage Museum at Trongsa
- take on one of the many excellent hikes in the Bumthang valleys
- raft to see river otters, water birds and hornbills in Royal Manas National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Trongsa Dzongkhag, Trongsa & Around, Bumthang Dzongkhag, Jakar & Around, Chokhor Valley, Tang Valley, Ura Valley, Southern Dzongkhags, Zhemgang & Around, Gelephu & Around, Royal Manas National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.