Bhutan - Central Bhutan (PDF Chapter)
Central Bhutan’s evergreen mountains and neatly cultivated valleys comprise the country’s cultural heartland, accented by several of Bhutan’s oldest and most significant temples and monasteries. Spectacular festivals celebrate tradition and there are dozens of great day hikes throughout the region.
- explore the dramatic, sprawling Trongsa dzong and Tower of Trongsa Royal Heritage Museum
- stretch your legs on one of many excellent hikes in the Bumthang valleys
- wander around Kurjey Lhakhang, a legacy of Guru Rinpoche
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Trongsa Dzongkhag, Trongsa, Kuenga Rabten, Taphey Goemba, Bumthang Dzongkhag, Jakar, Chokhor Valley, Tang Valley, Southern Dzongkhags, Gelephu and Royal Manas National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.