Best of Italy travel guide - 2nd edition
Lonely Planet Best of Italy, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on Italy’s most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
It's your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See the might of ancient Rome, explore a city of marble built on a lagoon in Venice, and dine on the freshest food and finest wine imaginable – all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of Italy:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, food, wine, literature, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, the Italian way of life, culture, Italian design
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you explore