Best of France
Lonely Planet’s Best of France is filled with inspiring and colourful photos, and focuses on France’s most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
It's your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Embrace the sights and sounds of Paris, sample tangy olives at the weekly market in Provence and explore the vineyards of Champagne – all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of France and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of France:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sport, politics
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate
Coverage Includes: Paris, Loire Valley, Normandy, Brittany, Champagne, Lyon, Provence, Nice, St Tropez, Marseille, Bordeaux, the French Alps and more
Publication Date: May 2019
Writers: Oliver Berry, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark, Damian Harper, Anita Isalska, Catherine Le Nevez, Hugh McNaughtan, Christopher Pitts, Daniel Robinson, Regis St Louis, Nicola Williams
324 pages, 324pp color, 72 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: April 2024 (will be titled Experience France)