Best of Costa Rica travel guide
Our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Costa Rica's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Lonely Planet’s Best of Costa Rica is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through the pristine Monteverde Cloud Forest, discover Tico culture in San Jose, and sprawl on a white-sand beach in Montezuma – all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Costa Rica and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of Costa Rica:
- Full-color images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, art, food, wine, sport, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use color maps to help you explore
Coverage Includes: San Jose, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio, Volcan Arenal, Montezuma, Peninsula de Osa, Tortuguero, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Playa Samara, and more