Best of China travel guide
Best of China is our collection of the country’s top sights and most authentic experiences.
Perfect for anyone who doesn’t need accommodation listings, it’s packed with expert knowledge, local secrets and carefully crafted itineraries, as well as the most relevant and up-to-date advice, to help you create an unforgettable trip.
Explore the Forbidden City in Beijing, marvel at the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an, or wander around the pagodas and lilting willows of Hangzhou’s West Lake; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of China and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of China:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, festivals, cuisine, architecture, religion, environment, wildlife, painting, literature, film
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus over 60 colour maps
Coverage includes: Beijing, Great Wall, Xi’an, Shanghai, Three Gorges, Huangshan, Hangzhou, Yangshuo, Fenghuang, Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Sichuan, Macau, Yunnan and more
Publication Date: May 2017
Writers: Damian Harper, Piera Chen, Megan Eaves, David Eimer, Helen Elfer, Trent Holden, Stephen Lioy, Emily Matchar, Rebecca Milner, Kate Morgan, Tom Spurling, Phillip Tang
348 pages, 348pp color, 83 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: No new edition planned
Complete your travel selection