Best of Central America travel guide
Our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Central America's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Lonely Planet’s Best of Central America is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Laze over dinner in a beachfront thatched hut on Bocas del Toro, Panama; explore remarkable jungle temples in Tikal, Guatemala; and stroll the picture-perfect cobblestone streets of Granada, Nicaragua. All with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Central America and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of Central America:
- Full-color images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, drink, sport, landscapes, wildlife