Best of Australia travel guide
2nd Edition Nov 2017
This title is called Discover Australia travel guide in North & South America and you can buy it here. Both editions contain the same great content.
Lonely Planet Best of Australia is your passport to Australia’s top sights and most authentic experiences. Explore magnificent Sydney Harbour, see the Great Barrier Reef or watch the sunset at Uluru, all with your trusted travel companion.
Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of Australia:
- In-depth coverage of the destination’s must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-color design and easy-to-use layout with maps and images throughout
- Annotated images that bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport tools including a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries to help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insights to save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background information to put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes politics, culture, history, Indigenous Australia, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, wine, sports, and outdoor activities)
- Free, convenient pull-out Sydney map (included in print version)
- Over 35 colour maps
Coverage Includes: Sydney, Canberra, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Melbourne, Hobart, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Kakadu National Park and more
You are viewing a Best of Country guideWhat is a Best of Country book?
These are shorter, more concise guidebooks compared to our country guide series. More visually stimulating, they focus on the top sights and most authentic experiences. Perfect if you don’t need accommodation recommendations, they’re packed with expert knowledge, local secrets and carefully crafted itineraries, as well as the most relevant and up-to-date advice. If purchasing this title inside the Americas, this series is named "Discover" instead of "Best Of".
- 60 full-colour maps and photos throughout
- Highlights and itineraries to tailor your trip
- Local travel advice for avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Insider tips to help you save time and money
- Survival Guide A-Z: essential information on everything from
- money and health to visas and emergency phone numbers
- Recommendations on eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping and more
Please note that Best of guidebooks are only available as complete downloads, not as individual chapters, and may not be available in all file formats.
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.