Best of Australia
Our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Australia's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Lonely Planet’s Best of Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Explore magnificent Sydney Harbour, see the Great Barrier Reef and watch the sunset at Uluru – all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Best of Australia:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sports, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate
Coverage Includes: Sydney, Blue Mountains, Canberra, Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, Melbourne, Hobart, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Adelaide & South Australia, Perth & Margaret River, Kakadu National Park, and more.
Publication Date: November 2019
Writers: Anthony Ham, Andrew Bain, Fleur Bainger, Dr Michael Cathcart, Cathy Craigie, Dr Tim Flannery, Samantha Forge, Paul Harding, Rachel Hocking, Trent Holden, Sofia Levin, Hugh McNaughtan, Kate Morgan, Charles Rawlings-Way, Andy Symington, Tasmin Waby
336 pages, 336pp color, 68 maps | Dimensions: 128mm × 197mm
Next edition due: September 2024 (will be titled Experience Australia)