Berlin - Scheunenviertel (PDF Chapter)
This is the Scheunenviertel chapter from Lonely Planet’s Berlin guidebook.
The Scheunenviertel is one of Berlin’s oldest and most charismatic neighbourhoods that’s morphed into a grown-up stylish district dappled with boundary-pushing galleries, local designer boutiques, third-wave coffee shops and cutting-edge restaurants.
- glimpse high drama, abstract mind-benders and glowing colour among the contemporary artworks at the bunker-turned-art museum Sammlung Boros
- explore fashion boutiques, shops, galleries and cafes in charismatic Hackesche Höfe
- strute your stuff to salsa, tango, ballroom, waltz and swing at funky retro Clärchens Ball-haus
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout