Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg (PDF Chapter)
This is the Prenzlauer Berg chapter from Lonely Planet’s Berlin guidebook.
Splendidly well-groomed Prenzlauer Berg is one of Berlin’s most charismatic residential neighbourhoods, filled with cafes, historic buildings and indie boutiques. On Sundays, the world descends on its Mauerpark for flea marketeering.
- come to grips with the absurdity of a divided city at Gedenkstätte Berliner Mauer, a memori-al exhibit that follows the course of a 1.4km-long stretch of the Berlin Wall
- spend a sunny Sunday digging for flea-market treasures and cheering on karaoke croon-ers in popular Mauerpark, reclaimed from a section of the Berlin Wall death strip
- catch a concert, movie or street-food market at the Kulturbrauerei, a venerable red-brick brewery-turned-cultural centre
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.