Berlin - Prenzlauer Berg (PDF Chapter)
Prenzlauer Berg emerged as one of Berlin’s most desirable and well-heeled neighbourhoods after reunification. The one must-see sight is the Gedenkstätte Berliner Mauer, the city’s best place to understand the layout and impact of the Berlin Wall.
- come to grips with the absurdity of a divided city at the Gedenkstätte Berliner Mauer memo-rial exhibit that follows the course of a 1.4km-long stretch of the Berlin Wall.
- spend a sunny Sunday digging for flea-market treasures and cheering on karaoke croon-ers in popular Mauerpark, which was reclaimed from a section of the Berlin Wall death strip.
- catch a concert, movie or street-food market at the Kulturbrauerei, a venerable red-brick brewery turned cultural centre.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.