Berlin - Potsdamer Platz & Tiergarten (PDF Chapter)
This is the Potsdamer Platz & Tiergarten chapter from Lonely Planet’s Berlin guidebook.
This new quarter is a showcase of fabulous contemporary architecture. Culture lovers should not skip the Kulturforum museums. The leafy Tiergarten, with its rambling paths, monuments and hidden beer gardens, makes for a perfect sightseeing break.
- peruse an Aladdin’s cave of Old Masters – from Rembrandt to Vermeer – at the Gemä-ldegalerie
- stop for a beer and people-watch beneath the magnificent canopy of the svelte glass-and-steel Sony Center
- catch Europe’s fastest lift to take in Berlin’s impressive cityscape and enjoy refreshments in the sky at the Panoramapunkt
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.