Berlin - Potsdamer Platz & Tiergarten (PDF Chapter)
Despite the name, Potsdamer Platz is not really a square but Berlin’s newest quarter, forged in the ’90s from terrain once bifurcated by the Berlin Wall. Close by you’ll find the leafy paths of the vast Tiergarten.
- feel your spirit soar at the Gemäldegalerie while perusing an Aladdin’s cave of Old Masters – from Rembrandt to Vermeer
- stop for a beer and people-watching beneath the magnificent canopy of the Sony Center, the glass-and-steel landmark designed by Helmut Jahn
- catch Panoramapunkt, Europe’s fastest lift, to take in Berlin’s impressive cityscape and en-joy refreshments in the sky
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.