Berlin - Museumsinsel & Alexanderplatz (PDF Chapter)
This historic area packs most of eastern Berlin’s trophy sights into a compact frame. A good place to start is on vast and amorphous Alexanderplatz, but save some energy for the stunning treasures of the five museums on Museumsinsel.
- time-travel through ancient Greece and Babylon to the Middle East at the glorious Per-gamonmuseum
- make a date with Nefertiti and her royal entourage at the stunningly rebuilt Neues Muse-um
- take in Berlin by boat, letting the sights drift by while enjoying cold drinks on the deck of a Spree River tour boat
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.