Berlin - Historic Mitte (PDF Chapter)
This is the Historic Mitte chapter from Lonely Planet’s Berlin guidebook.
With a high concentration of sights – including the Reichstag, Brandenburger Tor and Holo-caust Memorial – clustered within a walkable area, the most historic part of Berlin is naturally a prime port of call for most first-time visitors.
- snap a selfie with the famous Brandenburger Tor, a symbol of German reunification
- take in the architectural symmetry of Gendarmenmarkt, before indulging in a gourmet meal at one of the top restaurants in the area
- soak in the stillness and presence of uncounted souls at the haunting Holocaust Memorial, before gaining an insight into the horrors of the Holocaust at the underground exhibit
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.