Berlin - Friedrichshain (PDF Chapter)
Friedrichshain is the only central district where major vestiges of the GDR have survived. The prime sight is the East Side Gallery, but be sure to swing by the HQ of the Stasi, the GDR’s omni-present secret police.
- confront the ghosts of the Cold War at the East Side Gallery, the world’s longest outdoor artwork
- party till sunrise in the rough-around-the-edges bars and clubs of former train repair station Raw Gelände
- forage for treasure at this Sunday sell-a-thon flea market on Boxhagener Platz, followed by brunch in a nearby cafe.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.