Berlin - Day Trips from Berlin (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Berlin chapter from Lonely Planet’s Berlin guide-book.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Berlin and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Potsdam & Schloss Sanssouci and Sach-senhausen Concentration Camp.
- it’s practically impossible to not be enchanted by this rambling park and palace ensemble starring Schloss Sanssouci
- the horrors of Nazi Germany become all too real at what’s left of one of Germany’s oldest former concentration camps
- anchored by a delightful Altstadt (old town) and medieval fortress, this northwestern Berlin district flaunts its historic pedigree
- tree-lined streets with mansions and manicured lawns lace Berlin’s poshest area, which hugs a big forest dotted with palaces and museums
- hemmed in by the Havel River, Berlin’s southwestern-most district counts palaces, forests, swimming beaches and historical sights among its assets
- this southeastern suburb cradles Berlin’s largest lake, a sprawling forest, a handsome ba-roque castle and a medieval centre
Coverage includes: Potsdam & Schloss Sanssouci, Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp, Spandau, Grunewald & Dahlem, Wannsee, Köpenick.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.