Belize - Tikal & Flores, Guatemala (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tikal & Flores, Guatemala chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belize guide-book.
The glory and splendors of the ancient Maya world await you, just over the border in the lush rainforests of Eastern Guatemala. The most fabled and accessible site is Tikal, larger and more completely restored than any of the Maya sites in Belize.
- watch at sunset, sunrise, or any time in between – nothing beats the ancient city of Tikal
- trek through the jungle to the huge, though still scarcely excavated, Maya ruin of El Mira-dor
- lounge lakeside over evening cocktails on the malecón of picturesque Flores
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tikal, Yaxhá, El Remate, Flores & Santa Elena.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.