Belize - Southern Belize (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Belize chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belize guidebook.
The beaches of villagey Hopkins and chilled-out Placencia are inviting, with their opportunities for diving, fishing and slacking, while offshore is an alluring string of cays including Tobacco Caye and Glover’s Reef.
- eat, drink, slack and snorkel at Placencia, the mainland ‘cay you can drive to’
- hike, zipline and waterfall rappel in the jungle in Mayflower Bocawina National Park
- hang out on reef with backpackers at Belize’s best budget cay, Tobacco Caye
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Stann Creek District, Dangriga, Mayflower Bocawina National Park, Central Cayes, Hopkins, Sittee Point, Sittee River, Maya Center, Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, Placencia, Red Bank, Toledo District (Deep South), Punta Gorda & Around, Big Falls & Indian Creek, San Miguel, San Pedro Columbia, San Antonio, Blue Creek.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.