Belize - Northern Belize (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Belize chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belize guidebook.
This chilled-out stretch of Belize, entirely void of crowds, with unbeaten paths, abundant wild-life, fine Maya ruins and deserted beaches, is well worth a look if you’re seeking to get away from the scene further south.
- take a riverboat tour along the New River to the magnificent Maya ruins of Lamanai
- spot crocs and other lagoon inhabitants in Shipstern Conservation & Management Area
- tuck into the best street food in the north in Orange Walk Town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Orange Walk District, Orange Walk Town, Lamanai, Río Bravo Conservation & Management Area, Corozal District, Corozal Town, Cerro Maya & Cop-per Bank, Sarteneja.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.