Belize - Cayo District (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cayo District chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belize guidebook.
Cayo District is Belize’s premier adventure and eco-activity region. The lush environs of the Wild West are covered with jungle, woven with rivers, waterfalls and azure pools, riddled with caves and dotted with Maya ruins, from small, tree-covered hills to magnificent temples.
- hang out in traveler-friendly San Ignacio, especially for market day on Saturday
- bridge the gap between Cayo and coastal Southern Belize along the Hummingbird Highway, the region’s most scenic drive
- explor the remote and ancient Maya ruins of Caracol
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Belmopan & Around, Hummingbird Highway, Spanish Lookout, San Ignacio & Around, Mountain Pine Ridge Area, Caracol, Bullet Tree Falls, San José Succotz & Around, Benque Viejo del Carmen.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.