Belize - Cayo District (PDF Chapter)
Cayo District is Belize’s premier adventure and eco-activity region. The lush environs of the Wild West are covered with jungle, woven with rivers and waterfalls, and dotted with Maya ruins ranging from small, tree-covered hills to massive, magnificent temples.
- hang out in traveller-friendly San Ignacio, especially during market day on Saturday
- bridge the gap between Cayo and coastal Southern Belize along Hummingbird Highway
- explore the remote and ancient Maya ruins of Caracol
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Belmopan & around, Hummingbird Highway, Actun Tunichil Muknal, San Ignacio & around, Cristo Rey & Chiquibul Roads, Mountain Pine Ridge Area, Caracol, Bullet Tree Falls, San José Succotz & around, Benque Viejo del Carmen.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.