*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Belgium & Luxembourg - Western Wallonia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Wallonia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belgium & Luxembourg guidebook.
The idyllic landscapes of Western Wallonia belie the turbulent history of the area, which has been a battleground for millennia. Fine historic cities, notably Tournai and Mons, have loads to offer, and the region’s rural nooks boast notable beers and riotous festivals.
- indulge in belated post-fight analysis at the modernised battlefield attractions of Waterloo
- explore the wealth of museums at charismatic Mons
- observe how Romanesque transforms into Gothic in Tournai’s iconic cathedral
- restaurants & accommodation
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.