Belgium & Luxembourg - Wallonia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Wallonia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belgium & Luxembourg guide-book.
Wallonia includes many a pretty rustic village in rolling green countryside, interspersed by a handful of postindustrial cities. The heavily wooded Ardennes is a major area for outdoors activities, a plateau land cut by rivers for kayaking, honeycombed with fabulous cave systems.
- visit Mons’ fascinating museums, then unwind over cocktails in the photogenic Grand Place
- cycle, cave or sip Trappist beers in picturesque Rochefort
- watch the falconry displays and march the ramparts of Bouillon’s Crusader-era castle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Western Wallonia, Tournai, Pipaix, Aubechies, Ath, Lessines, Enghien, Mons, Binche, Nivelles, Waterloo Battlefield, Louvain-la-Neuve, Charleroi, Thuin, Aulne, Botte de Hainaut, Philippeville, Mariembourg & Nismes, Chimay, The Ardennes, Na-mur, Crupet, Dinant, Han-sur-Lesse, Rochefort, St-Hubert, Bouillon, Orval, Arlon, Bastogne, Achouffe, La Roche-en-Ardenne, Durbuy, Huy, Liège, Verviers, Spa, Coo, Stavelot, The Eastern Cantons.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience