Belgium & Luxembourg - Bruges & Western Flanders (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bruges & Western Flanders chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belgium & Luxembourg guidebook.
Bruges and the other picturesque towns in this region feature fabulous medieval city centres, while scars and souvenirs of the Great War remain poignant attractions in the surrounding countryside. Belgians also love this region for its extensive sprawl of wide, sandy beaches.
- explore the picturesque canals, cobbled alleys and impressive windmills of beautiful Bruges
- linger among salient reminders of WWI around Ypres
- take a bucolic canalside cycle ride to Damme and beyond
- restaurants & accommodation
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.