Belgium & Luxembourg - Bruges, Ghent & Northwest Belgium (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bruges, Ghent & Northwest Belgium chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belgium & Luxembourg guidebook.
Beautiful Bruges usually steals the show with its atmospheric, picture-perfect waterways lined with step-gabled houses. But wonderful Ghent has photogenic canals of its own, a central castle and a grittier, more ‘real’ atmosphere enlivened by a big student population.
- gaze in awe at the vista when you climb Bruges’ 83m-high belfry
- appreciate the destruction and horrors of war at the In Flanders Fields Museum in Ypres
- marvel at Ghent’s 1432 altarpiece, the Mystic Lamb, one of the world’s earliest-known oil paintings
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bruges, Damme, Belgian Coast, Knokke-Heist, De Haan, Bredene, Zeebrugge & Lissewege, Ostend (Oostende), Nieuwpoort, Oostduinkerke, De Panne, Beer Country, Veurne, Diksmuide, Poperinge, Ypres (Ieper), Ypres Salient, Kortrijk, Oudenaarde, Geraardsbergen, Ghent.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.