Belgium & Luxembourg - Antwerp & Northeast Belgium (PDF Chapter)
This is the Antwerp & Northeast Belgium chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belgium & Lux-embourg guidebook.
Design and diamonds, Rubens and techno, art nouveau and high fashion: in all its thrilling con-tradictions, the dynamic port city of Antwerp dominates northeastern Belgium. But it is by no means the only historic townscape that demands attention here.
- revel in Rubens and shop for avant-garde design in Antwerp
- amble around the super-quaint historic city Lier, which once chose sheep over learning and has never lived it down
- get beyond the antiques in Tongeren, Belgium’s ‘oldest town’
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Antwerp (Antwerpen) & Around, Westmalle, Turnhout, Lier, Mechelen, Leuven, Hageland, Diest, Hasselt, Haspengouw, Tienen, Zoutleeuw, Sint-Truiden, Tongeren.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.