Belgium & Luxembourg - Antwerp & Eastern Flanders (PDF Chapter)
This is the Antwerp & Eastern Flanders chapter from Lonely Planet’s Belgium & Luxembourg guidebook.
This region boasts dynamic Antwerp, a historic port and diamond-trading city now turned design and music hub, alongside other charming, intimate cities, including Mechelen, Lier, Leuven and Tongeren. Southeastern Haspengouw and Hageland also deliver some pretty, undulating hillsides and a scattering of photogenic castles.
- revel in Rubens and shop for avant-garde design in Antwerp
- marvel at Leuven’s ornate gothic stadhuis
- be charmed by the historic begijnhoven in Diest, Lier and Turnhout
- restaurants & accommodation
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.