Beijing - Temple of Heaven Park & Dongcheng South (PDF Chapter)
This is the Temple of Heaven Park & Dōngchéng South chapter from Lonely Planet’s Beijing guidebook.
Watch sunrise tai chi at Temple of Heaven Park, wander the laneways of Qianmen Dajie, shop for pearls, jade and more at Hóngqiáo Market, and walk the last remaining stretch of the historic city walls.
- tour the stunning collection of halls and altars of Temple of Heaven Park, where China’s emperors came to seek divine guidance
- feast on Běijīng’s signature dish, Peking Duck, at the restaurants where it originated
- step back in time to imperial China by strolling the last remaining stretch of the walls that once surrounded the capital
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only. *Not available for newer titles
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.