Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Beijing - Summer Palace & Haidian (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Summer Palace & Hǎidiàn chapter from Lonely Planet’s Beijing guidebook.
Spend a day exploring the Summer Palace’s sumptuous gardens, temples, pavilions and corridors; enjoy fine views over Běijīng from Longevity Hill; visit Fragrant Hills Park and the nearby Botanic Gardens; then head to Wǔdàokǒu, one of Běijīng’s most happening areas.
- enjoy a taste of imperial high life at the Summer Palace, the glorious former summer retreat of emperors
- commune with nature and see the maple-leaf-covered hillsides of Fragrant Hills Park
- spend a night exploring the buzzing restaurants and clubs of Wǔdàokǒu, Běijīng’s student heartland
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.